Saturday, March 28, 2015

Susan's March update

Despite all my good intentions, I missed the mid-month question again. But will answer it anyway...

My favorite WIP is Mirabilia's Santa's Magic.  I really enjoy Santa/St. Nicholas/Father Christmas pieces and this one is no exception. The things I like most are the non-traditional colors - purples, blues, and yellows and the fact that the fabric plays such an important role in the design. You can change the feel of the piece by changing the fabric.  I also think he would make an awesome wizard. Here's where he is right now:


Now on to my New Stitchy Start progress. I haven't had as much time to stitch on Shakespearean Fantasy as I would have liked, but I am happy with my progress.  This is definitely a slow and steady piece.

Here's where it was last month:


And here's where it is today:

6 comments:

  1. I have that Santa in my stash one day I will get to it....I love Santas too but i am very particular to which one I will stitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Santa, I too am in love with the non-traditional colors. Great progress on SF too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa is spectacular! Happy stitching dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Santa is great and your making progress on the Shakespearean Fantasy. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice WIP, and wonderful progress, Susan :-)

    ReplyDelete