When I started Shakespearean Fantasy it went so well that I was SURE that I would have amazing progress to show for this month's check-in. You know that saying about plans? Yeah, that happened. I have done so little stitching this month that you would think I am in a major slump but life just completely got in the way of anything other than the fire that needed to be put out at the time. I do think that things will settle down enough in the coming days for me to have a proper stitch-in this weekend.
Here is what I was able to get done on Shakespearean Fantasy in the one session I had with it this month:
This is my first HAED (sort of, I started two on the same day) and I am still figuring out what works best for me. Right now I have a hybrid cross-country/parking/block thing going on. I started in the upper left corner and realized that there were a half dozen or so dark navy blue stitches on the otherwise solid black first page. Knowing me, I would have forgot them in the dulled senses that come with doing large blocks of one color so I did them first and then noticed that page two had a few more as did the first bit of page three. So I did them and then some black and then those greens you see on the bobbin, then some more black. I decided that I would do a length of color, then a length of black so that I wouldn't burn out on all that black (the entire piece uses 41 skeins).