Sunday, August 30, 2015

August Update Leonore

I didn't stitch on Dark Force this month, but it's okay as I hadn't planned to, I have reached my goal for the year, so everyhing else is a bonus, and I really need to finish some brithday/christmas presents first. I am still checking in, if only to talk about the monthly questions, of which there are two this month.

The first is about our first cross stitch project. Well my very first project was a bread cloth I made for my dad (in pastel pink, I'm sure he loved it lol), which was a stamped cross stitch. I'm not sure if he still has it and sadly, I don't have a picture, but I do have one of my first counted cross stitch, which was a trio of strawberry plants - they were actually supposed to be stitched seperately and finished as a pair of potholders and a jam lid, but seven or eight year old me chose to ignore the instructions and made this instead :D


The second question of the month is about colours, and while I do have favourites (I really like autumn colours, especially gradients from green-yellow-orange, and purples), depending on the use and situation I can gush about nearly every colour. I'm currently stocking up on DMC, going for a full collection, and they are all so nice and shiny!

1 comment: