Saturday, September 10, 2016

Love with a Capital L August progess

Hello!  August was a great stitchy month for me, made lots of progress during the Olympics, with the SAL event on Stitch Maynia (Facebook group).  I also visited a LNS and picked up some variegated cotton thread for the big capital L at top left (Valdani "terra cotta").... haven't tried it yet though.
Previous progress:


Now:
 I finished page 12 and set up my personalization section at the bottom, including some of the left border.  After I placed the first letter of each line (they are centered), I realized a few extra motifs would help fill out the space.  Some people commented on my Flosstube video and offered suggestions: entwined wedding rings and cupid with an arrow- I like both.  Does anyone have recommendations for books with sampler motifs?  I am looking forward to working on this project next weekend... maybe I'll try the Valdani thread.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! It is absolutely stunning! Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! Love seeing this on flosstube.... I do like the idea of entwined wedding rings in gold. You could have doves with your cupids or even swans....
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! And I love you Flosstube!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I look forward to seeing the motifs you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really coming along you'll be done in no time!

    ReplyDelete