Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Winnie the Pooh March Progress

Hello friends!  I restarted Winnie the Pooh II using a Candamar-DMC conversion.  The colors, and the coverage, are much better with the DMC.  I began at upper left, worked the first column down to the midline of the chart, feathering into the next column.  I also got a start on the 2nd column. This is tree, sky, and a bit of tree trunk.

I'm so happy with the look and I'm really enjoying the chart.  It has lots of color changes, but it's not confetti.   However, there is a problem: I spaced it wrong.  Now I don't have enough room at the bottom, I'll have to crop the last row.  That's not a huge deal and I'm not sure it's worth re-starting yet again.  I did sew some extra to the bottom to allow for scrolling and framing.  Any thoughts- should I crop or start over?

ETA: I did more counting and measuring.  The kit says 12" high.  The way I placed it, is for 12".  However, my gridding comes out larger, about 14".  The fabric, supposedly 28 count evenweave, is not!  It's 28 across, but only 24 down.  I am quite cheesed off!

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you are off to a good start. I look forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours look much better with the DMC. I would just crop the bottom as you will still have all the characters and the forest feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating! I wish I had advice for you. What you stitched looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. I think I would just crop the bottom I stead of starting again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me personally, I would start over, but knowing about the issue at the bottom would eat me alive. I guess you need to ask yourself if you can live with it or not! No matter what you do, it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So aggravating when your fabric isn't the same count both ways!!! I feel terrible for you after already restarting it and getting so much progress on it again. It looks so good and as long as there isn't anything super important in the bottom I probably would just crop it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just hate it when evenweave is not even! I think if it's just one row, I'd crop it, or maybe try stitching it onto the newly sewn-on fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone. I have decided that I will restart on a new piece, I just won't be happy with it otherwise. Third time will be the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you made excellent progress! Good luck with your March goals.

    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete