Friday, October 14, 2016

Love with a Capital L September progress

Hi, everyone!  At last my piece is coming together and I'm starting to feel excited about it.  I finally reached the bottom border and made good progress on the personalization section.  I also did some research looking for a mini cupid motif and I found a Brooke's Books' freebie, that may work, with a little tweaking. 

Previous progress:
Now:
I did try Valdani "Terra Cotta" for the big capital L and wound up frogging it.  I suppose I am terribly picky, but I felt it looked "muddy".  So, I finally decided I will stitch that section with the crimson (main color), and I will try to complete the top left corner this month, plus a bit more if time allows.

4 comments:

  1. Great progress, looks like you're almost there!
    Maybe it's a good call to just use the Crimson for the big Capital L. It would be hard to find another handdyed that fits perfectly with the two you already have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great progress. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete