Saturday, January 31, 2015

January's Serenity Harbor

I had a late start this month because I was waiting for floss, but I managed to finish the first part of the Serenity Harbor pattern late last night. The designer will release the next part in a few days, so I have time to stop and breathe before I move on. The first few sections are a little sparse, but later in the year it will be much more dense. The pattern has pink roses, but my LNS showed me some dark red silks, and there was no going back.

I'm stitching 1 over 2 with silk on 36 count Mello linen from Picture This Plus. I knew conceptually how big this piece was, but I didn't really get it until I opened the fabric all the way and started stitching.

I don't use a frame or hoop, so it's a little wrinkled...

Amy

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love it with the red roses! Perfect fabric choice too. I had the same thing happen to me with my piece. I knew how big it was but I when I pulled out the fabric, I was a bit intimidated

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I can't believe you don't use a frame or hoop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can stitch faster without a hoop, but this one has so much extra fabric to manage! It's going to be pretty challenging when I get closer to the middle.

      Delete
  3. The red roses are really pretty :) I like how the fabric will show on parts of this and not so much in others ^_^

    ReplyDelete